Invisalign® New York City
What is invisalign®?
Now you can enjoy the smile you have always wanted without the annoyance of metal braces in your mouth. No huge brackets darkening your smile. No irritated lips or cheeks. No worries about mouth injury while playing sports. Invisalign® is a remarkable system of virtually invisible aligners that straighten teeth comfortably without metal bands, brackets or wires. The pieces are custom-made to fit your teeth and are easily removable so you can eat, drink, brush, floss and remove the aligners for special occasions if you need to. Best of all, no one will know you’re wearing Invisalign® aligners unless you tell them.
Advanced Technology Invisalign® uses advanced 3-D computer imaging technology to project tooth movement in each patient’s unique mouth. This allows our team to create a series of clear, custom-made aligners, also called repositioners, that gradually move your teeth in line with one another. You wear each aligner for about two weeks, moving to the next set, and then the next, until you reach the goal you agreed upon with our team. With Invisalign®, you’ll enjoy the confident, beautiful smile you’ve always hoped for. Cases Treatable With Invisalign® In addition to straightening crooked or misaligned teeth, Invisalign® can eliminate crowding and large spaces between your teeth. Even complex cases such as overbites, underbites and crossbites can be treated.
Benefits of Invisalign® Over Regular Braces Invisalign® offers many benefits over traditional metal braces, including:
- Cosmetic appeal
- Low cost / flexible payment options
- Little to no impact on daily life
- Less pain
- Greater flexibility – aligners can be removed at any time
- Easy to keep the teeth clean and healthy
- No dietary restrictions
- No tightening sessions at the orthodontist’s office – simply switch from one set of aligners to the next when the time comes
Candidates for Invisalign® There are many factors to consider when evaluating your candidacy for Invisalign® treatment. Some questions you may want to ask yourself are:
- Do you work closely with many people, speak in front of groups of people, need to make good impressions on people frequently or otherwise engage in interactions where you would benefit from these near-invisible braces?
- Do you have a flexible enough schedule to make the follow-up appointments you’ll need when undergoing Invisalign® treatment?
- Do you want to close gaps between your teeth or spread out crowded teeth?
- Do you want to correct an overbite or underbite?
- Are you over 14 years old?
These are only basic guidelines. The best way to find out if Invisalign® is right for you is to talk to our team.