If you’re looking for a way to straighten your teeth, improve your appearance, and prevent dental problems down the road, Invisalign may be a good option to consider. Invisalign aligners are used to treat almost all of the same issues that can be treated with traditional metal braces. Keep reading to learn more.
Why should you have your teeth straightened?
There are a number of reasons to have your teeth straightened:
- Straightening your teeth will improve your appearance, which can help you feel more confident
- Having misaligned teeth can put painful pressure on areas of your mouth. Straightening your teeth relieves this pressure and prevents pain.
- In some cases it is harder to keep your mouth clean if teeth are crooked or misaligned. This can lead to plaque, tartar, and other dental health problems.
- Crooked or misaligned teeth may cause other teeth to become misaligned and cause a more serious bite problem.
How does Invisalign work?
Invisalign aligners are used to treat many of the same issues metal braces can treat. Invisalign aligners can correct a crossbite, overbite, underbite, and more.
Invisalign aligners are custom made to fit your teeth. You’ll wear them throughout the day and they’ll put pressure on your teeth to carefully shift them into the correct position. These aligners will be replaced every few weeks throughout the treatment to continue moving the teeth into the correct position.
What are the benefits of choosing Invisalign?
Invisalign aligners have a number of benefits over traditional braces. Some of these benefits include:
- Invisalign aligners are made of a clear plastic so they are inconspicuous. This makes them a good option for adults who are straightening their teeth or teens who are self conscious about the way braces make them look.
- Invisalign aligners are made of soft, smooth plastic. This makes them more comfortable to wear and you don’t have to worry about any metal wires cutting your cheeks or gums.
- Invisalign aligners are easily removable. You should wear your aligners for 22-23 hours a day for best results, but because they are removable, you can take them out to eat and brush and floss your teeth. This helps your teeth stay much cleaner during the treatment process and it makes it possible for you to eat foods you couldn’t eat if you were wearing metal braces. Because they are removable, you can also take them out for special occasions that involve photos.
If you’d like to learn more about Invisalign, and other treatments that can improve your smile, schedule an appointment with Dr. Louis Siegelman.