Teeth Cleaning New York City
What Is A Dental Cleaning?
At Louis Siegelman, D.D.S. we proudly offer multiple teeth cleaning services for New York City, NY. It is important to schedule professional teeth cleaning every 6 months, or as recommended by the hygienist. During your visit, our hygienist will focus on the removal of tartar, plaque, and stains from teeth that can not be removed with brushing and flossing alone. There are different types of teeth cleanings; the amount of buildup and the condition of gums will help us determine the best dental plan to meet your needs. Routine teeth cleaning appointments help prevent:
- Periodontal disease – if you have gum disease, it can be treated.
What To Expect At Your Teeth Cleaning Appointment
Our hygienist will:
- Comfortably remove any buildup, tartar, and plaque.
- Once all the tooth surfaces are cleaned your teeth are polished, this removes stains and keeps your teeth smooth, which helps reduce the accumulation of bacteria and plaque.
- A fluoride application may be applied to strengthen the enamel.
- You’ll receive an oral evaluation of your teeth and gums by our hygienist.
- Early detection of any changes or issue is achieved by closely monitoring your teeth and gums. We’ll provide dental health education and go over home care techniques and instructions, this includes nutritional guidelines and the latest information on dental products.
- We will answer any questions you may have about maintaining a healthy smile.
- If this is a deep cleaning, also known as scaling and root planing (SCRP), the appointment will be divided into a couple visits because it takes more time to complete.
Note: An annual examination and digital x-rays are completed by a doctor.
Our Teeth Cleaning Difference
We offer a variety of options to enhance your teeth cleaning. Our office utilizes the latest in diagnostic technology, including CariVu and digital x-rays. We have the latest products available to ensure the most comfortable dental cleaning experience with options from topical and Oraquix (a non-injectable anesthetic) to local anesthetics. We provide several options to help you relax during your teeth cleaning including nitrous oxide and pre-medication with anxiety medicine. Our hygienist offers years of knowledge, understanding, and a gentle touch to deliver you the best dental cleaning experience.
A dental cleaning is one of the most important parts of lasting dental health and wellness. Through our state-of-the-art teeth cleaning program and quality patient care, we have helped thousands of people regain their beautiful smiles while rebuilding their trust and confidence in going to the dentist. We help patients recognize that good oral health is an essential element in the maintenance of a healthy smile.
Providing Quality Patient Care & Educating People About Preventative Care
“One of the most rewarding parts of my work is that I’m able to educate people on the importance of preventive care. I can also provide valuable healthcare services with a light touch. Each and every patient is unique and special to me, and that’s how I treat them.” – Reva
For questions or to schedule an appointment call 212.974.8737 or complete a Contact Form here! Louis Siegelman, D.D.S proudly serves New York City, Westchester County, Long Island, Rockland County, New Jersey or Connecticut.