Special Dental Needs & Customized Care in New York City
Special Needs Dentist in NYC
A patient with special dental needs can be a person with physical, mental, sensory, or emotional conditions. These conditions include autism, Asperger’s, sensory disorder, multiple sclerosis, cerebral palsy, anxiety, visually impaired or blind. There is diversity with patients that find it difficult to go to the dentist. Special needs children, as well as special needs adults, need customized dental care to meet each individuals needs. We have the knowledge and understanding to provide a place for all patients to feel at home.
By applying our knowledge and modern dental technology, we can deliver comfortable dental care. Our practice is dedicated to helping patients with special needs.
Dental Care for Special Needs Patients:
- Learn more about Dr. Siegelman’s advanced and comprehensive dental experience for patients with Alzheimer’s Disease in New York City here.
- Learn more about Dr. Siegelman’s dental care approach regarding patients who are on the autistic spectrum here.
Modern Dental Technology
- Imaging – In addition to digital X-rays, we offer 3D imaging that provides us with more information about not only teeth but gums and bone structure as well.
- Carivu offers digital cavity detection with a compact device.
- Quiet Electric Handpiece – Less vibration and noise than conventional headpieces.
- Silver Diamine Fluoride can stop cavities without numbing the patient. If numbing is necessary, Oraverse is an option to reverse the local anesthetic (numbness) after treatment.
- Home Care Tool Kit – We will create an individualized home care program because prevention is essential. We will provide education on any nutritional issues and make product recommendations. Mi Paste is an example of an advanced product that can help restore and produce stronger teeth.
- Medication – Some patients can benefit from a variety of sedation options to help relax for dental treatment.
Even with the most advanced technology we also focus on the basics. We have created a nurturing environment for patients to feel comfortable during dental visits.
Ways we provide extra care and comfort include:
- Noise Canceling Headphones
- Soothing Music
After Treatment Comfort – Ice cream, frozen yogurt or soup provided after dental treatment. We pay attention to the details and make sure every patient feels well taken care of and nourished.
Dr. Siegelman and Dr. Currier prioritize comfort and understand your dental needs. Our office is NYC’s dentist for special needs patients. Call our office at (212) 974-8737 or fill out a Contact Form here if you are located in New York City, West Chester County, Long Island, Rockland County, New Jersey or Connecticut and need more information, have questions or would like schedule an appointment.