Infection Control and Sterilization Technology – Safe Dental Care NYC
In our office, the health and safety of our patients and dental team are a top priority. Our entire team adheres to strict infection control protocols and we go above and beyond the requirements from federal health officials: OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration), ADA (American Dental Association), and CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention). As your home for exceptional dental care, we are committed to providing the safest dental care in NYC.
From basic handwashing to state-of-the-art infection control technology, some of our safety measures include:
- Medical-grade upper air treatment UVC light fixtures* in each of our treatment rooms and common areas to continuously clean air and safely kill germs and viruses 24/7.
- A medical-grade mobile room UVC germicidal unit* is used to effectively disinfect rooms between patients. This UV light cleaning system is an additional measure to eliminate unwanted surface and airborne viruses, in conjunction with our routine sterilization practices.
- EPA approved chemical disinfectants are used on surfaces and countertops multiple times per day.
- All dental assistants, hygienists, and dentists are OSHA trained. We stress best practices and wear gloves, masks, and eye protection during exams and procedures. Handwashing is performed regularly, including before putting on gloves and after removal of gloves. Additional PPE of gowns and hair covers for some dental procedures will be used.
- A mobile Extraoral Dental Suction System will be introduced and used for specific procedures that require a highspeed handpiece and ultrasonic scaler. This system removes droplets and aerosols produced during treatment.
- Multiple medical-grade air sanitizers will be used throughout the office to filter out air contaminants and maintain air quality. These have been ordered and will be used upon delivery.
- Disinfectant hand soap and waterless hand sanitizer are accessible throughout the office.
- Reusable equipment, instruments, and handpieces are sterilized with an autoclave that uses steam, heat, and pressure to kill viruses and bacteria. Single-use instruments and materials are properly disposed of after use. Each patient is treated with fresh, clean equipment.
- Rooms and equipment are thoroughly disinfected after each use.
*American Ultraviolet manufactured our upper air and mobile room UVC units, visit www.AUVHealthcare.com if you would like more details.
Dr. Siegelman and Dr. Currier prioritize your health and safety. We have a multilayered approach to keep everyone that steps into our office protected. Please let us know if you have any questions; we will gladly review all the precautionary measures our office has in place. We are here to help! Call our office at (212) 974-8737 or fill out a Contact Form here if you would like additional information or to schedule an appointment. We are your home for safe dental care in NYC.