If our patients know us for anything, in particular, it is our understanding of the fact that dentistry can be difficult for some people. Not only do we provide kindness and understanding, we offer many solutions. We are all about making a difference in the lives of our patients.
Sedation as a Solution
Dental anxiety is an important topic of discussion and one that you should not hesitate to bring up to your dentist. Finding the courage to speak about your dental anxiety can be a challenge for many patients. We want you to feel comfortable and there is no need to feel embarrassed with us. Dr. Siegelman and Dr. Currier prioritize patient comfort. We encourage our patients to speak with us about how sedation can help them obtain the care they need.
Improving Comfort with Oral Conscious Sedation
We offer various forms of sedation to improve patient comfort and one of those forms is Oral Conscious Sedation. There are a number of benefits with using oral sedation. These include:
- Safety and efficacy. The sedatives used in dental care have been extensively studied and carefully selected to safely and effectively achieve the desired level of relaxation.
- Oral sedatives are fully effective within half an hour to an hour.
- The body, as well as the mind, relax in response to oral sedation. This means less muscle soreness following treatment.
- Oral conscious sedation is taken orally (swallowed), not injected.
- Help take away some of your anxiety.
- Patients can communicate with us throughout the appointment.
Let’s talk about what options are right for you to make dental visits a less stressful by incorporating sedation techniques into your care. Call our New York City office at (212) 974-8737.